I wrote some text with this but I can’t see it. I bought the lovely heavy glass vase in a charity shop yesterday and thought it looked a bit like a piece of chemistry equipment so I decided to give it a firey jacket. Wet felted around a resist cut to fit the vase allowing 1/3 shrinkage.
Thanks Pamster. I was going to do a cracked mud vase with these hot colours underneath and a dark grey on top (based on volcanic lava flow) but I decided I liked this combination too much to cover most of it up. I got to use my lovely drum carder too which is always fun. It’s mostly merino (red, 2 oranges and yellow) with red tussah silk and a few red locks.
Thanks everyone for their kind comments. I added a couple more photos on ipernity in case anyone’s interested, showing the vase, the template / shrinkage & a scale shot with my hand in it. For some reason the hand shot won’t copy across but I think you can see it if you follow the link to one of the others.